SystemCore’s principal business activity is Information Technology Services, specialising in Online Applications, Website Design and Development, Hosting and Digital Marketing. SystemCore uses and actively supports Open Source technologies.
We seek to provide a VIP service to a manageable number of clients, establishing long term business relationships based on good business ethics and excellence in service delivery and ongoing customer support.
The directors are the two brothers Rob Cain and Al Cain. The company makes use of a trusted network of specialist technical and creative freelancers and partner companies to fulfil larger projects.
SystemCore Limited was incorporated as a UK Limited Company in 1995 and has been successfully trading ever since.
It is based in Godalming, Surrey, UK.
Rob Cain – Director
Rob has a degree in Computers and Cybernetics, and has fulfilled virtually every role within the industry during his thirty five year career.
He started work selling UNIX and PC systems for Olivetti and AT&T during the birth of the PC and minicomputer market to SME’s and corporate clients including Exon and The British Library.
He then spent seven years with IBM Applications Systems Europe based in London, then at their German Applications Development Labs, Hannover, responsible for quality assurance of Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems.
Over the following ten years he worked as a freelance management and technical consultant in the UK and overseas, covering quality assurance and risk management, technical architecture, project management, applications development and troubleshooting. He has fulfilled contracts for a string of household names such as Nat West, Barclays, SWIFT (Interbank Network), British Gas (Transco/Centrica), Northern Ireland Electricity, Electricity Authority of Cypress, Bull, Hussmann, Amdahl, Motorola and others.
More recently he worked with Cromwell Media during their initial public flotation on the London Stock Exchange as InterX PLC and was responsible for major accounts such as Royal and Sun Alliance, Silicon.com and Cambridge University Press as well as product and marketing strategy. After the subsequent buyout of InterX he devoted his attention to SystemCore upon the return of his brother Al from overseas.
Other recent assignments include consultancy to the Royal College of Physicians on technical and project architecture for the NHS IT infrastructure programme, The National Physical Laboratories on the European Union MIND knowledge transfer network and others.
Rob’s philosophy is to put the customer first and to achieve quality by design. Music, ocean sailing and astronomy are some of the things he enjoys most outside of work.
Al Cain – Director
During his career Al has always had a technical focus and an instrumental role in moving companies toward embracing new technologies, the application of what was originally considered ‘exotic’ software, and the use of the web to support all business activity.
Al started his career at AKG Acoustics as an acoustics and sound engineer in the early days of digital processing.
He then spent seven years with NuTron Analytical in the private medical sector, firstly in Business Operations Management and then 3 years as International Business Development Manager. These roles involved handling rapid commercial growth and in the latter post he was instrumental in bringing new private pathology services into Scandinavia, Eire and northern Italy.
More recently he spent a year overseas with Pro-Activ Analysis BV of the Netherlands reporting to the board. He was responsible for digital marketing, e-media, celebrity endorsement and remote delivery of private medical services into northern Europe.
A return to the UK in 2000 marked a teaming with Rob to launch SystemCore, with the company in a position to offer a combined wealth of business development experience, technical know-how, industry knowledge and successful project delivery. Al is a member of the Institute of Directors.
When Al is not working he can be found playing music, planning motorcycle odysseys to the Himalayas and Patagonia, or failing that, seeing how far around the world he can get as a radio HAM.
The SystemCore Gurus
Over the years we have gathered a diverse network of independent contractors and technical specialists we know we can trust. It is to these people we turn if a job gets too large for us to handle ourselves, or if it requires technical expertise outside of our normal remit.
As a rule however, we do not outsource work, preferring instead to keep directly involved with all aspects of client projects at both technical and project management levels. In other words, our customers always have our undivided, personal attention, and the buck stops with us.
- We design, build and host great websites.
- We do this for new start up companies, SME’s and household names; from Mrs Miggin’s Pie shops to the BBC.
- We also do a lot of work behind the scenes for large creative, PR and marketing agencies; if necessary we’ll even wear their ‘corporate underpants’.
- We provide comprehensive Digital Marketing services (‘epromotion’), including Integrated Marketing Campaign Planning and Campaign Management, Email Broadcast, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – including Pay-per-click (PPC) and Adword Campaigns, Social Media Marketing (SMM), Link Strategy/Link Building, Content Marketing.
- We provide Professional Copywriting services for the web and conventional printed media
- We provide Graphic design and Original Artwork services for the web and printed media
- We provide bespoke Applications Development and Coding services for mobile, desktop and internet environments.
- We also provide all the back bone services needed for an online presence; website hosting, secure e-commerce, business class email accounts, domain registrations, SSL certificates.
- We are WordPress (Content Management System) specialists, and have developed many bespoke themes and custom plugins. We also specialise in WooCommerce (an Ecommerce framework for WordPress), BuddyPress (a Social Network framework for WordPress), WPMU (WordPress Multi User platform) and WPML (WordPress Multi Language).
- We can produce Web Apps, Mobile Apps, Cloud Computing solutions, and even online games
- We are experienced in managing complex and substantial technical projects – e.g. user/ data/applications migration projects, applications systems development and integration projects.
- We are proud of the quality of customer service we provide and in our ability to meet exacting technical requirements and tight customer deadlines.
Thinking about your own business in new ways can be very difficult. A fresh pair of eyes on familiar problems can be the first critical step to solving them.
Our first step is to research your company, your products, your competition and your customers. We need to think hard about your future requirements as well as your immediate needs; the benefits your customers will see and how your competition can be beaten. Importantly, at an early stage, we need to provide you with a good idea of the likely size and cost of the project and to help you to visualise what the end result will look like and what it will do for you.
We produce for you, free of charge, a detailed and fully costed solutions blueprint which covers:
- An analysis of your business requirements and expected benefits
- A High level design – covering concepts, artwork, content and engineering
- A Project plan – covering delivery time-scales, costs and quality assurance
- Prototype solutions – proof of concept functionality and artwork.
In order to help you prioritise requirements and allocate your available budget in the most sensible way, we might consider a phased delivery schedule, categorising features according to:
A ‘not-to-exceed’ cost envelope is always agreed so that your project stays on-track and in-budget and no one gets any nasty surprises.
Many projects require additional requirements and design specification at a detailed level to make sure all aspects of work are understood by everyone involved in the project.
All our work is carried out under two-way, non-disclosure agreement from front to back.
Having received your go-ahead we are in a position to commence the implementation and delivery phase. This typically covers:
- Project Management
- Detailed Design
- Engineering Build
- Finished Artwork
- Final Proofed Copy
- Test and Quality Assurance
- Delivery/Go-Live/Publication or Broadcast
Piecework commissions, (for example, copy-only or html-rendering only, hosting, email broadcast or other services), will obviously differ in precise schedule but will nevertheless all adhere to our quality driven delivery methodology.
Our aim is to provide you with a solution that adds real value to your organisation and one that enables you to be self sufficient in the ongoing operation, maintenance and development of your internet presence.
To help you achieve this, we also provide:
- User and Administrator Training
- Ongoing Maintenance and Support
At the end of the day, we want all our customers to be wholly satisfied with the solutions we provide. We want you to see a real return on your investment. Our business relies on positive customer referrals and long-term customer relationships. We will do whatever it takes to make sure you are happy with the end result and look forward to a friendly and mutually beneficial relationship with you long into the future.
We believe you are looking for…
- Value for money
- Originality and Innovation
We believe you should consider SystemCore because…
- We think in terms of your business and its rationale
- We present logical, structured, accurately costed proposals
- We create unique and distinctive solutions
- We apply the very best of the latest available technologies
- We deliver measurable, practical benefits and positive returns on investment
Our customers can confirm that…
- We get the job done, to specification, on time and within budget
- We are professional, friendly and helpful
- We seek long-term customer relationships and repeat business
It costs nothing to talk to us and find out how we can help you achieve your goals. Why not telephone us now on +44 (0)1483 428655, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via the contact form here…. We look forward to speaking with you.